Director of Events
RMS Media Group publishes and represents a combination of online and offline publications, delivering powerful results through luxury publishing expertise. Proprietary brands include Ocean Home , Luxury Pools + Outdoor Living , Northshore , and Northshore Home magazines, as well as their digital counterparts and a division of signature lifestyle events. RMS also represents several luxury lifestyle magazines including Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Ferrari, Four Seasons , and more.
Director of Events
RMS Media Group, Inc. seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and service-minded professional to join our team and contribute to the growth, development, and execution of a wide range of events and programs. Our ideal candidate will have at minimum 7 years of previous event management experience, preferably in a high-velocity, results focused role. This position will create meaningful and impactful events that garner press and brand awareness, foster strong community relations, drive sales, client loyalty and customer acquisition to RMS Media Group, Inc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Plan and execute events ranging in size from intimate store/restaurant openings to large scale events and multi-day tradeshows, locally and nationally
· Serve as the event’s project manager, owning the logistics and overall management for all assigned events as well as the related day-to-day communications with: staff, vendors, sponsors, attendees and other external partners
· Work closely with cross-functional teams on overall event strategy and long-term planning
· Partner with Marketing to develop programs, materials and information necessary to promote events to sponsors, vendors, and attendees with
· Work with sales to develop, curate and seek new and existing sponsorship clients and revenue opportunities
· Identify and recruit vendors, sponsors, and entertainers
· Manage tickets sales and ticketing protocols
· Lead execution team development and on-site management for each event
· Meet or exceed budgetary goals through vendor contract negotiation and other creative cost efficacy measures
· Collaborate with regional businesses and organizations to develop strategies to support their local clientele and communities
· Be an enterprising, entrepreneurial, and productive team contributor, constantly and eagerly identifying new means of innovation to grow RMS Media’s impact with all constituents in advance of, on-site, and following each and every event produced
· Promote positive ongoing relationships with brewers, sponsors, vendors, and volunteers
· Responsible for creating and balancing the annual events budget.
· Identify and manage charity partner opportunities, including event volunteer staff
· Opportunity to additionally manage responsibilities and tasks based on interests and experiences
· This position requires the ability as needed to work evenings and weekends to attend special events and participate in local networking events. Must have access to reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience
- Meticulous attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Ability to manage complex and fast-changing program elements and prioritize effectively in response
- Creative and strategic thinking with emphasis on customer service to meet client objectives for an event
- Ability to forge strong relationships with clients and strategic partners
- Persuasive communication skills and self-possession in presentation
- Effective negotiation skills and the ability to understand and negotiate contracts
- Flexibility and ability to push through indecision and ambiguity to deliver results
- Entrepreneurial spirit, track record of initiative, and ownership of work
- True service ethic, spirit of generosity, and gracious sense of humor
- High proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
· This is a full-time position, with a competitive compensation package that includes salary plus commission, bonuses, and benefits including medical coverage.
· Consideration will be given to those candidates with planning and event management experience; a preference will be given to those with trade show and/or association management experience. Bachelor’s degree is required.
· To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Director of Events” in the subject line.
The essential functions described above are not all-inclusive and may change periodically to meet the needs of RMS Media Group, Inc. The information contained in this job description is not intended to create any contractual or other legal commitment. RMS Media Group, Inc. may change the content or format of this job at any time in its sole and exclusive discretion without notice.
RMS Media Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, an Affirmative Action Employer and actively seeks talented people from all walks of life.