The Boxford Elementary Schools Trust (BEST) will usher in Spring with a Mother’s Day Homes Tour on Saturday, May 7, 2016, featuring 12 exceptional private homes in Boxford. Each property has its own flavor and style, and this year’s focus will be on bringing out a home’s distinctive personality. Newly renovated interiors, commercial kitchens, historic restorations, and unique features for outdoor living spaces will all be demonstrated and discussed.
What to Expect:
- See how a traditional kitchen turned into a successful home business that offers cooking classes, group dinners, and private events in a new, state-of-the-art commercial kitchen – and enjoy a tasty crepe while you’re there!
- Take a trip back in time to a 1700s working farmstead. Every building on this bucolic property has been restored to its original condition—from the great barn, to the functional carriage house, to the period farm house fully equipped with a vintage wood-burning cook stove that actually works.
- See beautiful landscape features that bring character and personality to a home including: pools, ponds, fields and garden art.
- Gather ideas for new kitchen layouts, great room interiors and how to blend modern amenities and state of the art function with rural charm
- Marvel at the many ways to use a barn. (They’re not just for storing hay anymore.)
Don’t miss the themed raffles that make for inspired and beautiful gift ideas for mom! A coffee bar, hosted by West Village Provisions, will also be found along the route.
Tickets go on sale on March 15, 2016 and can be purchased in advance at www.boxfordhomestour.com. Advanced tickets are available with a gourmet box lunch for $35, or without lunch for $25. All lunch tickets must be purchased in advance. Same-day tickets may be purchased for $30 at the Harry Lee Cole School, 26 Middleton Road, Boxford, which will serve as headquarters for the tour.
All proceeds from the Boxford Homes Tour benefit the Boxford Elementary Schools Trust (BEST), an all-volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to fostering excellence in our public schools by raising private funds to supplement longer-term elementary school initiatives and innovative teaching tools, technology and teacher trainings.