Voting for 2018 BONS Home Readers’ Choice Awards begins June 1, 2018 and ends August 1, 2018. Winners will be mentioned in the Fall issue of Northshore Home alongside Editors’ Choice for the same categories. Nominees may be added for consideration as write-ins from June 1, 2018 to June 5, 2018. All nominees are subject to approval. Online voting is for Readers’ Choice only. North shore Home editors and the BONS Home committee select Editors’ Choice BONS Home winners separately from the Readers’ Choice winners.
Terms & Conditions/What’s New:
– Only local nominees and winners: In the past, we have allowed regional or national chains to qualify as nominees. Beginning in 2015, only local organizations and locally owned franchises will be qualified nominees. If you have any questions about your business or organization’s eligibility, please contact us at BONS@nshoremag.com.
– Period for nominee add-ons: This year, we have added all eligible write-ins from 2017 voting to the initial ballot. As such, we will not add any new nominees to the category dropdown menus after June 5, 2018. Please note, new write-ins that are added to the ballot from June 1, 2018 to June 5, 2018 are subject to editorial approval.
– Disqualification for buying votes: In the past, some establishments have traded votes for services or discounts. This is not allowed. If we see a marketing mailer, website ad, social media post, etc., that offers a discount or free service with proof of a vote, we will remove your organization from the nomination forms.
– Individual locations: Businesses with multiple locations will be recognized by the specific location. For example, if a business has locations in Salem, Peabody, and Andover, each location will have it’s own nomination.
– Registration information: Your email is required to register to vote. These emails will not be distributed or sold to third-parties. We will contact you via this email for updates on BONS Home. If you opted-in for special emails, you will be added to those lists. You may unsubscribe at any time. If you provided your mobile number for our VIP text offers, message and data rates may apply. STOP=stop. HELP=help. More information on how to use this program, including privacy information, is available through our service provider.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How did you select the businesses for the drop-down menu?
A: The top vote recipients and eligible write-in nominees from 2017 voting were used to populate the drop-down menus. Write-in candidates will be added based upon editorial approval from June 1, 2018 to June 5, 2018.
Q: How can I add my business to the drop-down list?
A: Once your business is submitted as a write-in, it will be added to the drop-down during our next site update. No additional nominees will be added after June 5, 2018. All nominees are subject to editorial approval.
Q: Why is there no ‘submit’ button? How do I know my vote was counted?
A: All votes are automatically saved in the backend ballot system. You may change your vote at any time throughout the voting period. You will know what your vote in each category is because the icon will change from the red “Vote” button to the green “Voted!!” button.
Q: Can I leave the survey and return later to complete it?
A: Yes, you may return to the survey at any time during the voting period to change your vote.
Q: If I exit the survey without saving, will my answers still be there?
A: Yes, votes are automatically saved in the ballot.
Q: Do votes have to come from only people who live on the North Shore?
A: No, people can vote from anywhere in the world. Votes are not limited to only people currently residing on the North Shore.
Q: How are votes counted? Can I vote more than once for the same establishment?
A: Votes are tallied by the amount of unique votes each business receives. You are not allowed to vote for the same subcategory more than once.
Q: Why do I have to enter my email address to vote?
A: Our system requires a verifiable email address for each vote to ensure that all votes for each category are unique.
Q: What if I did not receive a confirmation email after I registered?
A: Please check your SPAM filter or junk file. If you still do not have a confirmation, email us at BONS@nshoremag.com from the email address you are trying to register.
Q: Why is sub-category ABC not included as a BONS Home category?
A: Each year sub-categories change. To establish which categories are to be used for the current year, the BONS Home team looks at previous years’ votes and ongoing business trends. Unfortunately, when it comes to changing sub-categories there is a limit to how many additional ones can be added.
Q: When will winners be announced?
A: Voting is open through October 10, 2018. Winners are announced in the Fall issue of Northshore Home magazine, which will mail out and appear on newsstands in mid-October.
Q: What is the difference between Readers’ Choice and an Editors’ Choice Awards?
A: Readers’ Choice Awards are those establishments who receive the most votes via our open, online voting system. Editors’ Choices are selected by our internal team based on research and site visits. This year, Readers’ Choice winners will get more recognition in the BONS issue!
Q: I commented on Facebook, Twitter, or on your website. Does that count as a vote?
A: No, only actual votes via the drop down submission process will be counted. But, we encourage comments so that other voters can see why you think your nominee is the Best of the North Shore!