Apple Pumpkin Tart with Pecans
Submitted byÂ Glenice Boyd
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
Â½ cup chopped pecans
Â¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
Â½ t. cinnamon
Â¼ t. ginger
A pinch of nutmeg (less than 1/8 t.)
Salt (less than 1/8 t.)
1 1/3 cup peeled, cored, and sliced apple (1 large apple)
1 purchased pie crust
2 T. butter
Milk and white sugar
– Mix the egg, pumpkin puree, pecans, brown sugar, spices and salt.Â Add the sliced apple and mix thoroughly.Â Set aside.
– Unroll the pie crust and place on a parchment paper lined large baking sheet.
– Mound the filling mixture in the center of the pie crust leaving a two-inch margin of crust. Dot the top of the filling with butter.
– Carefully turn the crust edges up around the filling pleating all around.
– Brush the crust edges with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
– Bake 45 minutes @ 375 degrees.