- This event has passed.
The 200th Topsfield Fair
September 28, 2018 - October 8, 2018
The 2018 Topsfield Fairopens on Friday, September 28th at 1:00pm and will run through Columbus Day, October 8th.
New This Year:
- The Human Cannonball: This daredevil acrobat is shot over 100 feet through the air out of the mouth of a giant cannon (Friday, September 28-Monday, October 8)
- Johnny Rockett’s Cycle Circus & Galaxy Girl: Features the world’s largest freestyle motocross show of its kind combining top action sports athletes and theatrics with electrifying music. (Friday, September 28-Tuesday, October 2)
- Hot Dog Eating Contest: B’nai B’rith and Freedman Financial host the Topsfield Fair’s first hot dog eating contest. Qualifying Heats: September 29. Finals: October 7.
- Fireworks: To celebrate the 200thanniversary Eastern Bank is sponsoring a spectacular fireworks display (Saturday, September 29 at 9:30pm)
- $2.00 Rides: All rides are $2.00 each to celebrate the Fair’s 200thyear (Tuesday, October 2)
- Sara Evans: The “Born to Fly” country singer performs in the Grandstand (Friday, October 5 at 7:00pm)
- Martina McBride: One of country music’s most popular and enduring talents who has been named Country Music Association’s “Female Vocalist of the Year” award four times and theAcademy of Country Music’s “Top Female Vocalist” award three times will perform in the Arena (Saturday, October 6 at 6:00pm). General Admission: $30, Pit Tickets: $35. Concert tickets are in addition to Fair admission.
- Giant Pumpkin Contest– An Opening Night favorite is the 34thannual Giant Pumpkin Weigh Off. Will anyone break the record from the 2016 Topsfield Fair, which weighed more than a ton at 2,075 pounds? Find out when the weigh-off begins at 4:00pm on September 28th. A winner is expected to be announced by 9:00pm.
- Monster Truck Freestyle & Demolition Derby– Two Shows on Saturday, Sept.29th at 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $15 each in addition to Fair admission. Combo tickets that include the show and a Pit Party are also available for $20 each.
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police Musical Ride: This fan favorite is back in the Arena,showcasing theequestrian skills performed by cavalry members who are regular members of the force (September 30-October 5th)
- Chubby Checker: The 1960’s Rock Icon will return to the Grandstand stage for the 5thtime with his classic “The Twist” and many more (Wednesday, October 3 at 7:00pm)
- The Charlie Daniels Band: “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” band returns for the third time to perform on the Grandstand stage (Thursday, October 4 at 7:00pm)
- Axe Women Loggers of Maine: Don’t miss this exhilarating show of logrollers, choppers and axe throwers as the women are back in the Grandstand for the last weekend of the Fair (October 6-8)
And Don’t Forget:
- Fair-View Farm – To help alleviate traffic on Route 1 during the Fair, the Essex Agricultural Society, the organization that operates the Topsfield Fair, now owns a parking lot conveniently located down the street from the fairgrounds. Fairgoers using the lot will be bussed to the entrance using a dedicated lane on Route 1. Parking will also be available on weekends at North Shore Community College in Danvers. Note: No parking at Masconomet High School in Topsfield again this year.
- Discount Admission Tickets– Ticket prices for the 2018 Topsfield Fair are $12.00 each September 28, October 1-4 and $15.00 each on October 5, weekends, and Columbus Day (October 8). Discount admission tickets are available at the Topsfield Fair ticket booth and topsfieldfair.orgthrough September 24, 2018. General Admission discount tickets can be purchased for only $10.00, which are good any day during the Fair’s 11-day run. A three-day pass, good any three days, is available for $25.00.
- Discount Ride Tickets: Ride tickets are available in strips of ten tickets for $24. Only one ticket is needed for most rides.When purchased during the run of the fair, multiple tickets are required for most rides. Some restrictions apply. Available at topsfieldfair.organd the Topsfield Fair ticket booth.
- Discount Food Voucher: Purchase a voucher for $6.00 at http://www.topsfieldfair.organd at the Topsfield Fair ticket booth. Voucher is good for $8.00 worth of food at select vendors throughout the fairgrounds.
- Senior Citizen Day– On Monday, Oct. 1st admission tickets for seniors (age 60 & over) are only $8.00. This offer is only available on Oct. 1st.
Military Day– Active members of the United States Military and their immediate families are invited to attend the Topsfield Fair for freeon Tuesday, Oct. 2nd. This offer is only available on Oct. 2nd.
*All submitted events will go through an approval process. If approved, they will take 24-48 hours to appear on the website.