Boston Marriott Burlington and Chopps American Bar and Grill are thrilled to announce corporate sponsor Mercedes-Benz of Burlington, part of the Lyon-Waugh Auto Group, and media sponsor Northshore magazine for the 2019 Chopps Champions contest. Since 2014, Boston Marriott Burlington and Chopps American Bar and Grill have celebrated community heroes through an annual online community-wide contest, Chopps Champions, that recognizes and salutes local heroes throughout the community. Chopps Champions returns this spring, kicking off with a public nomination period March 11 – 22, 2019 followed by two weeks of public voting to select the Chopps Champions class of 2019.
The public is invited to nominate themselves or others who demonstrate excellence in their field through leadership, achievement, and volunteerism. Nominees must live or work in Burlington, Bedford, Billerica, Carlisle, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, North Reading, Reading, Stoneham, Wakefield, Wilmington, Woburn, or Hanscom Air Force Base. One winner in each category will be awarded the title of Chopps Champion and will receive a $2,000 cash donation in their name to the charity of their choice. The contest categories include the following:
- Technology – Includes those who work at high-tech companies as well as those who are technology leaders within innovative companies.
- Health Care – Includes those who work within any aspect of the corporate healthcare sector or in-patient care such as doctors, nurses, and physical therapists.
- Education – Includes school administrators, teachers, tutors, coaches, and others who teach children and adults of all ages, as well as exemplary students making positive contributions to the local community.
- Business – Includes private enterprises not covered by other categories such as retail, hospitality, real estate, financial services, and others.
- Military / First Responders – Includes policemen, firefighters, EMTs, and both active servicemen and servicewomen, veterans, and members of the National Guard.
- Community – Includes those who are active within the Burlington philanthropic community, work at non-profit organizations, or work in the public sector, such as elected officials or municipal employees.
“We couldn’t be more excited to have Mercedes-Benz of Burlington and Northshore magazine as our partners for our sixth annual Chopps Champions this year,” says Boston Marriott Burlington General Manager Phillip Bond. “With the help of Mercedes-Benz of Burlington and Lyon-Waugh Auto Group we’re doubling our donations from previous years and will offer each of our six winners this year a $2,000 donation to the charitable organization that they are most passionate about. Chopps Champions allows us to salute our community heroes each year, and we’re thrilled that the community takes such an active role in helping to bring these honorable members of the community to the spotlight, through thoughtful nominations and public online voting. With Mercedes-Benz of Burlington and Northshore magazine as our partners this year, we’re confident that this will be the best year yet!”
“We are excited to be a part of this year’s Chopps Champions and look forward to celebrating these great heroes in our community,” says Warren Waugh, Managing Co-Founder of Lyon-Waugh Auto Group. “Giving back is just one cornerstone of our foundation, and it is part of what makes the Lyon-Waugh Auto Group different than many others.”
“Showcasing the best of the best on the North Shore is a core objective of Northshore magazine. We appreciate the opportunity to honor, support, and promote the Chopps Champions and the philanthropies they select,” comments Rick Sedler, President and CEO of RMS Media Group, publishers of Northshore magazine.
Nominations for Chopps Champions 2019 will open on March 11, 2019 on www.facebook.com/choppsamericanbarandgrill.
For more information, please visit www.choppsamericanbarandgrill or follow on social media @ChoppsAmericanBarandGrill.
For more information about Lyon-Waugh Auto Group and Mercedes-Benz of Burlington, please visit www.lyonwaugh.com.