Voting for 2023 BONS Home Readers’ Choice Awards begins June 1, 2023 and ends August 1, 2023. Winners will be mentioned in the Fall issue of Northshore Home alongside Editors’ Choice for the same categories. Nominees may be submitted for consideration throughout the voting process. All nominees are subject to approval and a nominal administration fee. Online voting is for Readers’ Choice only. Northshore Home editors and the BONS Home committee select Editors’ Choice BONS Home winners separately from the Readers’ Choice winners.
Terms & Conditions/What’s New:
– Enhanced Listings: Nominees can stand out from the crowded ballot this year with an enhanced listing. Fill out this form to enhance your nomination. Cost is $150 per subcategory.
– Only local nominees and winners: In the past, we have allowed regional or national chains to qualify as nominees. Beginning in 2015, only local organizations and locally owned franchises will be qualified nominees. If you have any questions about your business or organization’s eligibility, please contact us at BONS@nshoremag.com.
– Period for nominee add-ons: This year, we have added all eligible write-ins from 2022 voting to the initial ballot. New nominees can be submitted for consideration by filling out this form and paying a $50 registration fee.
– Disqualification for buying votes: In the past, some establishments have traded votes for services or discounts. This is not allowed. If we see a marketing mailer, website ad, social media post, etc., that offers a discount or free service with proof of a vote, we will remove your organization from the nomination forms.
– Individual locations: Businesses with multiple locations will be recognized by the specific location. For example, if a business has locations in Salem, Peabody, and Andover, each location will have it’s own nomination.
– Registration information: Your email is required to register to vote. These emails will not be distributed or sold to third-parties. We will contact you via this email for updates on BONS Home. If you opted-in for special emails, you will be added to those lists. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How can I add my business to the drop-down list?
A: Once your business is submitted as a write-in, it will be added to the drop-down during our next site update. All nominees are subject to editorial approval.
Q: Why is there no ‘submit’ button? How do I know my vote was counted?
A: All votes are automatically saved in the backend ballot system. You may change your vote at any time throughout the voting period. You will know what your vote in each category is because the icon will change from the red “Vote” button to the green “Voted!!” button.
Q: Can I leave the survey and return later to complete it?
A: Yes, you may return to the survey at any time during the voting period to change your vote.
Q: If I exit the survey without saving, will my answers still be there?
A: Yes, votes are automatically saved in the ballot.
Q: Do votes have to come from only people who live on the North Shore?
A: No, people can vote from anywhere in the world. Votes are not limited to only people currently residing on the North Shore.
Q: How are votes counted? Can I vote more than once for the same establishment?
A: Votes are tallied by the amount of unique votes each business receives. You are not allowed to vote for the same subcategory more than once.
Q: Why do I have to enter my email address to vote?
A: Our system requires a verifiable email address for each vote to ensure that all votes for each category are unique.
Q: What if I did not receive a confirmation email after I registered?
A: Please check your SPAM filter or junk file. If you still do not have a confirmation, email us at BONS@nshoremag.com from the email address you are trying to register.
Q: Why is subcategory ABC not included as a BONS Home category?
A: Each year subcategories change. To establish which categories are to be used for the current year, the BONS Home team looks at previous years’ votes and ongoing business trends. Unfortunately, when it comes to changing sub-categories there is a limit to how many additional ones can be added.
Q: When will winners be announced?
A: Voting is open through August 1, 2023. Winners are announced in the Fall issue of Northshore Home magazine, which will mail out and appear on newsstands in mid-October.
Q: What is the difference between Readers’ Choice and an Editors’ Choice Awards?
A: Readers’ Choice Awards are those establishments who receive the most votes via our open, online voting system. Editors’ Choices are selected by our internal team based on research and site visits.
Q: I commented on Facebook, Twitter, or on your website. Does that count as a vote?
A: No, only actual votes via the drop down submission process will be counted. But, we encourage comments so that other voters can see why you think your nominee is the Best of the North Shore!