We all need to eat, and we might as well do so in a beautiful room. The most popular dining room photos uploaded to Houzz in 2016 — measured in terms of saves to ideabooks — captivated Houzz users, who perhaps were envisioning the special moments to be had at these tables. Which one is your favorite?
Dining Rooms 1: Outrageous Interiors, original photo on Houzz
5. Wicker and wovens. This dining nook is made for lovers of rattan, shiplap and outdoor vistas.
Dining table, Lucia chandelier, wool rug, arm chairs: Outrageous Interiors
Dining Rooms 2: Webb & Brown-Neaves, original photo on Houzz
4. A touch of blush. Rose gold pendants add warmth to this black, white and wood dining room. The pale pink ceiling subtly elevates the temperature.
Dining Rooms 3: Artistic Interior Design/Amy N. Lee, ASID, original photo on Houzz
3. Transitional haven. This dining room features neutrals, a hallmark of transitional decor style. The rug, sunburst mirrors, chairs, glam chandelier and painting bring energy to the room, while the simple color palette imparts a serene mood.
Chandelier: Pottery Barn; mirror: Worlds Away; lamps: Currey & Co.
Dining Rooms 4: KW Designs, original photo on Houzz
2. Efficient, uncluttered — and in the kitchen. This photo was one of the most popular uploaded to Houzz in 2016, and perhaps it has to do with the clean, unfussy look of this sleek kitchen, or the fact that a table has taken the place often filled by an island. The texture of the kitchen backsplash and the warm tones of the wood keep the modern room from feeling cold.
Dining Rooms 5: Scenic Sotheby’s International Realty, original photo on Houzz
1. Refreshing seascape. Little adornment is needed with such a beautiful view, so it’s no wonder the designer limited the color palette to just woods and whites. The slipcovers on the dining chairs imply a casual elegance