It’s February in Salem! You could cozy up by your fireplace for another month or two until spring, or you could get out and enjoy the renowned food scene in town. Here’s a guide to help you do the latter.
- Feb 8th through 10th “Salem’s So Sweet,” info click here
- Sat 9th Speakeasy Donuts is at Far From the Tree.
- Sun 10th Second Sunday Chowder series at The Pickering House
Reminder: make your reservations/place your orders in advance.
- A&J King’s Bakery Valentine’s menu click here Valentine’s Day menu at Nathaniel’s Restaurant at The Hawthorne Hotel.
- Finz is taking Valentine’s Day Reservations, click here.
- Firenze Trattoria is open Valentine’s Day 4.30pm to 10pm.
- Jodi Bee Bakes (cupcakes photo above) is serving a special ten-course gluten free and vegan Valentine’s menu, click here.
- Koto is having a special prix fix menu, three course dinner with drink for two.
- Click here to view Ledger’s special Valentine’s menu.
- Opus will have live music Valentine’s night. After dinner join them downstairs at Opus Underground.
- Stella’s Restaurant and Wine Bar will be featuring a special Valentine’s Dinner Menu Feb 14th – 16th, making it super easy to enjoy this lovely new location in Salem!
- The Pickering House Valentine’s Day House Concert, 7pm. Tickets and info click here.
- Sat 16th “Gadgets and Gizmos” Tour at The The Phillips House Museum and that evening “Burns Night” at Hamilton Hall
- Wed 20th “Pinot Noir Around the World” wine dinner and pairing at Sea Level Oyster Bar & Kitchen Salem.
- Yeah! Melt is scheduled to reopen for season March 1st.
Wine Tastings, notes, and special offerings…
- BitBar’s new winter menu will be online in the coming days. We can’t wait to try the”Yoga Flame”, Indian vegetable pakora fritters, mixed greens, pickled onions, and tamarind sauce, served on ciabatta. Yum!
- Olde Main Street Pub is serving brunch on Saturdays and Sundays 12-3pm
- Salem Spice is moving forward with getting all of their flavors into their beautiful new space at 62 Wharf Street. They are also planning some short-notice events for February with their shop partner The Branch Olive Oil Co., whose retail space soft opening will be Sunday February 3rd. Stop on by for some shopping specials and a raffle. Salem Gnu Kitchen, which rounds out the trio at 62 Wharf, is scheduled to open early March.
- Aroma Sanctum will be on break Feb 5th through 8th and 11th, but will be open the rest of the month including for Salem’s So Sweet and for Valentine’s Day. Scents make a lovely gift!
- Gulu-Gulu winter menu includes more brunch options and vegetarian items.
- Thursdays at SeaLevel Tap & shuck: Flight of beer & 1/2 dozen oysters for $13
- Scratch Kitchen reopens early February, check their Facebook page for details.
- Salem Wine Imports continues with their free wine tastings Tuesdays 6.30pm, and coming soon – Wine School Friday evenings. Watch their Facebook page for more info.
- The Cheese Shop of Salem: wine tastings Fridays 5pm to 7pm and Saturdays 4pm to 6pm.
- Saturdays 2pm to 4pm free wine tastings at Pamplemousse Salem and Reading location too!
- Stella’s Restaurant and Wine Bar is offering a Happy Hour and Buck-a-Shuck menu, Monday through Wednesdays starting at 4pm. Besides oysters, their happy hour menu includes Short Rib Poutine, Wagya Beef Sliders, and Roasted Vegetable Lasagna.
- Brodie’s winter hours: open Wednesdays through Sundays; closed Mondays and Tuesdays through end of winter. Thursdays $5 burgers.
- Adea’s Mediterranean Kitchen is now on GrubHub.
February recipes and readings (if you do want to stay in):
- Melt your loved one’s heart with molten chocolate cake.
- How chocolate and Valentine’s mated for life.
- Best foods to eat when it’s cold outside.
- Nordic veggie soup recipe.
- Julia Child’s Beef Bourguignon recipe
- 13 salsa recipes for your Superbowl party
- The ten best books about food 2018
Save the date:
- Irish Experience Tours at The Phillips House Museum – March 9th and 16th
- Salem Women’s History Day, March 24th, at The Phillips House Museum
- Salem Film Festival March 29th – April 4th
- The annual Fashion Show Fundraiser is Fri April 26th, more info soon.
- Resistance Ball at Hamilton Hall, more info soon.