Title: Online Auction To benefit The Marblehead Museum & Historical Society
Location: Marblehead Museum online: http://www.marbleheadchamber.cmarket.com
Link out: Click here
Description: Don’t miss the opportunity to bid on one-of-a-kind Marblehead items and once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, as the Marblehead Museum launches its first online auction, running through May 22nd, 2009.
The high-tech fundraiser will honor the Centennial Celebration of the purchase of the Lee Mansion, and raise much needed funds for ongoing Museum initiatives.
The auction, organized by Museum Board Member, Nanny Noyes, and with support from Ann Marie Casey and the Marblehead Chamber of Commerce will run through 8pm on May 22nd, 2009. Items will be added throughout the 3 weeks, so check back often.
To access the auction site, please go to: http://www.marbleheadchamber.cmarket.com
Items up for bid include:
- “Champagne in the Cupola”, a truly unique experience atop the Jeremiah Lee Mansion, with views of the Harbor and a sense of what it must have like to await the arrival of 18th-century trading vessels.
- Tickets to the U.S. Open Golf championship in Farmington, Long Island, June 19th-21st, 2009.
- A Private Party at the Marblehead Little Theatre
- A “Marblehead Fun Pack”, a collection of items associated with the Town.
- Works by nationally acclaimed local artists, including Ulrike Welsh, Forest Rodts, Roy Brindamour and others
- Hestia Creations collectible Jeremiah Lee Mansion ornament
- Decoupage plates from Neptune 1 Designs, featuring Ashley Bowen’s historic watercolors
- Concert tickets
- Golf outings
- Joe Frogger cookies
…and much, much, more!
“We have been so thrilled with the generous response by local merchants, artists, and Museum supporters.” says Pam Peterson, director of the Museum. “The beauty of an online auction is that we can reach a wider audience, give access to bidders 24×7, and add items over the 3-week period. This auction includes something for everyone!”
The Marblehead Museum & Historical Society is supported solely by membership dues and contributions. The offices, research archives, exhibition galleries and J.O.J. Frost Folk Art Gallery at 170 Washington St. are open year round from Tuesday-Friday 10am-4pm, and Saturdays following the Lee Mansion seasonal schedule. The Lee Mansion is open Tuesday- Saturday 10am-4pm, June through October.
For more information, please visit the museum on the web at: www.marbleheadmuseum.org
Donations may be made online through the Museum’s website.
Start Time: 20:00